SIDGS Smart API Marketplace, Innovative-Integrated
© Copyright 2022 SID Global Solutions
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for SIDGS products and services are outlined in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. SIDGS shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
License Requirement and U.S. Government Legend
Confidential computer software. Valid license from SIDGS required for possession, use or copying. Consistent with FAR 12.211 and 12.212, Commercial Computer Software, Computer Software Documentation, and Technical Data for Commercial Items are licensed to the U.S. Government under vendor’s standard commercial license.
© Copyright 2022 SIDGS
Java™ is a trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Microsoft®, Internet Explorer, Windows®, Windows Server 2007®, Windows XP®, and Windows 7® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Firefox® is a registered trademark of the Mozilla Foundation.
Google Chrome® is a trademark of Google Inc.
Oracle® is a registered U.S. trademark of Oracle Corporation, Redwood City, California. EnterpriseDB® is a registered trademark of EnterpriseDB.
Postgres Plus® Advanced Server is a registered U.S. trademark of EnterpriseDB. UNIX® is a registered trademark of The Open Group.
Figure 1 Components of SAMi
The Release Notes describe critical information related to the SIDGS SAMi v2.2
*Note: Please read this document before installing or using this software.
Target audience profiles: Solution Developers, Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, and QA Engineers.
|Filenames, programs and parameters.
- SIDGS SAMi Installation and Configuration Guide
- SIDGS SAMi User Guide – Still a work in progress
Smart API Marketplace
SAMi is a marketplace with a Unified Catalog of API based Products created and managed by Product and engineering teams
SAMi is a one-stop marketplace for app developers to discover, try, subscribe, and use APIs provided by the numerous API Gateways community that focuses on enabling API based Solutions
Below is an architecture outlay for your reference.
The software versions referred to in this document:
|Product Version||Supported Platforms|
|SIDGS SAMi Server 2.2||AWS, GCP, APIGEE Hybrid, Saas, OPDK, X|
SAMi Marketplace & Configuration
- Unique APIs marketplace with API-Product catalogs, Order, Entitlement, and Fulfilment Management
- User Dashboards for Product Owners, Developers, and Partners
- Elastic Search for Products across multiple categories
- Marketplace styling, Notifications and Alerts
SAMi API Product Management
- Unified Product Catalog Management of multiple Product categories
- Set Recommendation of Products for user consumption
- Monetize API-Products with personalized Rate plans for products with a single product supporting multiple rate plans
- User Ratings for products
- Centralized Subscription Management for all category API-products
- Active & Inactive subscription listings with individual Active durations & Subscription Approval Management
- Profile Management of individual developers, Product Managers, and Administrators
- Product Unsubscribe and App disablement options are available
- Monetize assets
- Create Multiple rate plans for users
- User-specific product rate-plan capability
- Billing Reports with earnings per product and rate plans based
- PayPal integration for monetization
- Recurring payments for API subscriptions
- Manage all assets like SDKs, API specifications, Product Features & FAQs from a single pane
- Reuse Assets for Products resulting in efficient portfolio consolidation
- Create & manage Product SKUs with versioning & permissions for users
- Quick search capabilities and display customizations for individual assets’ documentation
Apps & teams
- Define Apps & create teams to collaborate on the development
- Invite developers/subscribers for APPs
- Built-in approvals workflow capability
- Unsubscribe users and apps
API Consumer Management
- Unified catalog for all API gateways
- Guest user onboarding & unified catalog
- API Product Subscription Management
- System, Application Alerts, Notifications & Announcements broadcast
- Built-in Sandbox capabilities
- Real-time Theme-ing & UX capabilities
- SAMi v1.0 >> SAMi Mint release
- Scratch install SAMi v2.2
The Software support area of the Software Website includes the following:
- Downloadable documentation.
- Troubleshooting information.
- Patches and updates.
- Problem reporting.
- Training information.
- Support program information.
Following are the new features/enhancements added to the SIDGS SAMi V2.2.
- Rate Plan Subscription Management (Cancel Rate plan Subscription by PO)
- Manage Plans
- Create Rate Plan & assign a default rate plan
- Available Rate plans
- Billing reports with monthly report option
- PayPal integration for global payments
- PubHub integration for data publishing
- Product Subscription (Monetized and Non-Monetized)
- Manage Approvals page
- My Rate Plans
- My Subscribed Rate Plans (Cancel Rate plan Subscription for Consumer And “Add to App”)
- Recurring payments option (Monetized and Non-Monetized)
- Email templates
SAMi Software licensing
The following problems are fixed in this release since the last release.
|SM-312||Implementation of Automatic Recurring Payment|
|SM-398||Add a “Cancel Subscription” button on a Rate Plan Cards in “Subscribed Rate Plan” Page|
The following problems are found in this release.
|SM-476||Update the Rate Plan and Subscription End Date for the Developer Accepted API|
The following limitations are found in this release.
|Once a consumer cancels a Rate Plan Subscription, it is mandatory for the consumer to purchase the plan again. Refunding the prorated amount or having access to the Rate Plan till the end of the month is currently not available.|
There are no deprecations found in this release.